Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lulu Guinness


Lulu Guinness, originally uploaded by retrogemkitty7.

This outfit certainly won't be to everyone's taste, but I love it and might even wear it, given the opportunity. I love Lulu Guinness' retro-girly-whimsical designs. To me, she's a latter-day Elsa Schiaparelli. I first discovered Ms. Guinness' work in the 1990's and found her creations a much-needed departure from that decade's oh-please-take-me-seriously minimalism. (The mere thought of teeny, tiny Y necklaces & backpack purses still makes me shudder.) Turns out 2009 is the 20th-anniversary year of the Lulu Guinness brand; this is the outfit she wore to celebrate. Not too many stores in Baltimore carry her line, alas, but Mr. Altocat and I are planning to pay her New York boutique a visit this coming weekend. This could be hazardous to my wallet and is sure to be a feast for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment